Saturday, August 1, 2009

The MTA and wonderful customer service do not necessarily go hand in hand


Note: this picture does not depict the real person in this story. But this is what said worker might have well been doing - SLEEPING ON THE JOB.



Dear transit worker,

I am trying really hard not to be angry with you. But how do you let me stand on the platform for 20 minutes (while you stand less than 2 feet away from me, no less) and fail to tell me that this train is in fact not running tonight? Do you have any idea how hard I'm already trying not to pee my pants because I have to use the facilities because I drank too much water at dinner? Now I have to go wait to get back on the train I was already on just to walk the long way home. Lucky for you, I don't feel like multitasking. Because I must exert extreme bladder control, I won't have the energy to yell obscenities at you and make a fool of myself. I am a lady, and ladies certainly do not pee in their pants on subway platforms (even if they have new dry jeans to put on afterward). Especially on Canal Street. Stream of conscious, what?

Concentrating really really hard and hoping for a smooth ride so I make it home dry,

Slightly TMI

No comments:

Post a Comment