Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pete vs pete (en español)

What do blowjobs and my dad have in common?

No it's not at all what you're thinking.

Oh God.

What are you thinking?

I hope you're not even remotely thinking what I just implied you might be thinking. Umm...

Does anyone else just feel awkward now?

Today at the school, we did a workshop to teach the words you don't learn in a typical Spanish class. The topic was "Como se dice...romance and sex". I joined in the middle, and was immediately in on the immature giggles and endless jokes about how we could possibly use this newly learned vocabulary, and how we could practice it. It was all fun and games until we came to the word blow job.

The teacher held up a card, blow job. Flipped it over, and pronounced pet-ay. Spelled pete. We all giggled like school girls until Anna said, "Oh this is easy to remember. It's just like the name Pete". Giggles ensue. I was not laughing. I was actually frowning, disgusted. And sadly looking up at the rest of my classmates, mumbled, "but my dad's name is Pete. Everything about this is wrong."

Now every time I say blow job in Spanish, which thankfully, is essentially never, I will think of my father. As David put it, "if you didn't have daddy issues before, this is the point you can later tell a therapist that they started".

I spent the rest of the afternoon barfing in the toilet.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I think I just peed a little bit right there from laughing. Oh Kelly. Meanwhile, I ALMOST dated a Spanish guy once and he would always say "Chupame los huevos" and I couldn't figure out what he was saying since I thought he was talking about eggs. Thankfully, I didn't do anything with that dude talking about eggs..... I'm sure you can translate that one. I am still laughing... hahaha. ;) Your blog cracks me up

    ReplyDelete