Monday, May 31, 2010

She grew up in a Indiana town...

If I could play a theme song right now it would be Noblesville, Indiana by Los. I wish that was one cd that was still in my monsterous collection. But alas, it is not.

I can’t tell you how happy I am to be back home. So I won’t. But you should know I am happy, and loving it.

Cookouts: Let me tell you about something that excites me. A little joyful thing called the cookout. Cooking out (BBQing or grilling out as some of you out east refer to it) is one of the great things about back yards and being back in Indy. I’m talking grass, lawn games, beers, burgers, potato salad, watermelon, shenanigans, corn on the cob, lawn chairs, the works! I went to a grand total of 4 this Memorial Day weekend!

Pennycuff played in Broadripple on Saturday night at Peppers, which is a place I have not frequented in years. Not a damn thing changes around here, and I am so thankful to come home right back to my life-long friends and feel like I never left. Pennycuff rocked it out, and we cut rugs on the dance floor.

I skipped the greatest spectacle in racing because it was going to be so hot, and I really wasn't interested in the crowds and lack of shade, or the greatest spectacle in racing if I'm being honest. So I sat poolside all day instead, and then even got to try my hand at a Sharpie tattoo on my poor friend Ricky, who trusted me to do the right thing. Which I did not, but he forgave me as he said he knew I only gave into the peer pressure around me.

Laura, Me, and Ash representing Stony Creek Elementary
Charlie serving Ashley...she didn't know what to do
Pennycuff
my first tattoo - Indy 500 style
hard to believe i won the drawing competition
the hammer with balls

No comments:

Post a Comment