Thursday, September 15, 2011

I'm 30 bitch.

And you know what? It's not really any different than I felt when I was 29. Turns out it's just another day in the life.

The weekend couldn't have been better. Big shoutouts to my BsAs crew for making it a good 30. The weekend started off right at work with Robin and Will and an Alfajores-tasting. BJ won with the brownie flavor. Smart man that one.

Saturday Nells showed up at my place at 11 for a little trip to the farmer's market. Spring is finally starting to show its face around here, and that made my birthday even better! We bought some picnic goods, grabbed some mate, and headed to the park to meet up with D. Clark. Why can't every day be Saturday? And why can't I spend every day laying in the grass in the sun, playing patty cake games with Nells? After a while, the wind kicked up and the cold took over, so we stopped for a beer, then headed home to prepare ourselves for the night.

My preparations consisted of a massive self dance party in the kitchen before showering and heading out. I wonder if my neighbors ever sneak a peek at my dance parties through our ceiling window. Not everyone thinks I'm normal. We met up at Las Cabras for an amazing parilla dinner, and ended up sitting outside, talking, laughing, and drinking wine until about 2am. I am so blessed to have my group of friends here, and so thankful I was able to share such a monumental birthday with my loves.

After dinner, a failed dancing attempt, and a bar out of Fernet, I decided the universe was telling me the night was over, and headed home. Sunday I headed over to Nelle and D's place, where we sat around for hours talking about what kind of food to order, finally agreeing to hit the supermarket and be less lazy. We beat the grocery store lind waiting odds, by strategically placing Nells in line, and made it out in record time. Derek facilitated home-made taco pizza, and then I went home and ordered my favorite ice cream. (Have I told you about the ice cream here yet? I forget. But it's the best ever. And they deliver it to your door. You just call, order your flavors, and 20 minutes later it's there. Danger.)

I really do make 30 look good.

picnic action + vanity fair from nells' care package
concentrating on numbers
Nerek
my BsAs bffs
i love this photo. cheese.
our romantic sidewalk spot....it was FREEZING
sharing my birthday desert after i got my fill obviously
my ladies, Drea, Libbs, and Taalke
The whole crew. Love you guys.

riquisimo
dulce de leche con brownie, chocolate moroc y chocolate suiza

No comments:

Post a Comment