Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Ninja Games

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii-ya! Last night after a great home cooked meal, our gracious Portland hosts learned us the Ninja Game. All players stand in a circle with their hands in the middle (straight arms parallel to the body, hands in prayer). One person yells, “aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh ninja!”, and everyone jumps back, striking a ninja pose. That person then goes first, trying to ninja/judo chop anyone of their choosing. Their move just has to be one fluid motion. As the other ninjas, you are allowed to make moves to dodge this attack. You must stick the move like a statue once you make it. The goal is to chop another person’s hand, and they are out. You go around in a circle until there is only one person left standing. Then over and over again. It’s amazing, and with practice your moves and ninja sounds just get better and better. We played several rounds and probably would have played all night except that we had to get up early this morning to drive to Cali. But have no fear, we did have a rousing game this morning in the backyard before taking off.

Portland is badass. Sarah, Sarah, and Jamie are badass. The brunch we ate was badass. The bike friendly culture is badass, and Portland riding for fun reminded me how much I really do love riding my bike when it’s on my terms, which is badass. (also, raised and moved my seat up, and my knee pain is virtually gone…wish this would have happened weeks ago) Sarah introduced me to zines. I’m going to attempt to write one when I’m home for the next 6 weeks. I’m fascinated by this creative outlet, and am going to try my hand at it. (Kelsey, if you’re reading, you’re going to get your wish of me writing something more than this blog).

I want to move to Portland. I love it.


gimme food
creative cutting of bread in the van with no knife
dinner at thai toms
seattle market
space needle
us at the space needle
aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh ninja!
lighting the housewarming gift

1 comment:

  1. I am more than excited to read that zine. I'm going to annoy the heck out of you until I see it happening.Just kidding, /....maybe.Just be prepared to hear "You should really write so many books" From every single person you know. This shout out made my day by the way. and of course I am reading. Glad you guys are having so much fun. Miss you much.

    ReplyDelete