Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Sheds



No, I am not talking about the sheds that our guy friends built in high school, though they were badass and allowed us to party sans parental supervision. (Why would Gerb's parents have allowed us to do that anyway?)

I am talking about our build site from today. I mean no disrespect to anyone, thing, organization, but it's too funny not to write about. So some of our build sites have been frustrating because there's not enough work for 32 people to do at once. I got a call from our contact in Minot last week telling me they haven't laid the foundation for the house yet, so we could build a shed for them to store their tools. NBD. To make a long story short, it was not enough work to keep a whole crew busy, but it was serious business time. Once we finished the shed I had to take a photo of the shed next door to compare handiwork. It makes me laugh even though I shouldn't. It's funny.

the way a shed's supposed to look
the shed that we built...look at the gaps between the doors, the holes in the top, and that flimsy lock. funny thing is that they actually put the tools in here. hope it doesn't rain.


In other news, I played Apples to Apples for the first time last night and loved it. My brother has the worst sense of humor ever. Also last night was movie night and we enjoyed such bicycle classics as Breaking Away and American Flyers. Breaking Away I've seen because my dad always talked about how it was such a great movie, and it took place in Indiana. American Flyers should be on AFI's greatest 100 movies of all time list. Talk about Kevin Costner in his prime. You have to see it to believe it.

And the biggest news of the ride to Minot is that Beth now has not only learned to go #1 outside, but today she POOPED in a sunflower field outside! I am so proud of her and glad I was there to share the moment with her. Way to go Bethie!


we are talented at taking timed pictures (7 of them)

No comments:

Post a Comment