Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Nooksack

I mean how do you take someone seriously when they tell you they're from a town called Nooksack?

Also, how do you get a job driving the truck that drives in front of an oversize load, warning you of the oversize load that is about to come down the road? I believe they call this an oversize load warner? And how much do you think they get paid? Would I be good at it?

We picked Brendan up at the Amtrak station tonight. We all wore the same outfits, then swarmed him with Palancing when he came out. He seemed overwhelmed, like he had momentarily forgotten that we are crazy and how much he missed us. Then he dropped his bag and joined us. (he was also wearing his orange Sexy hat that we bought in Boston).

Also, in another random bit of news, I LOVE THE F WORD. I do. I can't help it. I say it all the time. My parents don't love it, but it's such a powerful word. It works in any situation. When you're pissed off, it works. When you're super excited and want to express how awesome something is, it works. In any situation it's probably appropriate to use the F word. Except when it's not, which is also common. But I like it. There. I said it.

Tomorrow we make a run for the border. We are less than 75 miles from Vancouver and the end of the trip. My knees and derriere hate me. They will continue to do so for the next 48 hours, at which point I will then take a hiatus from riding for a bit to restore my love for Nina.
sunset view from our host...purple mountain majesty
fearsome foursome
who has the name corky booze?

No comments:

Post a Comment