Thursday, August 12, 2010

That John Denver's Full of Sh*t

Today was my van day again, and our ride to Cut Bank, MT. The ride started again with a lot of nothingness. The scenery around here is getting rough, and makes you feel like you're in a maze that's never going to end. You can see forever nothingness. It can be somewhat frustrating, and we've had to be really creative in how we make the days fun.

All that changed today when we came over a hill, Corker, Trav, and I singing "I would walk 500 miles", and I looked ahead and then at Corker, and screamed....the Rockies!!!!! It took us a sec to figure out if it was just clouds ahead or if indeed we could finally see the mountains. And after a few moments of arguing (which we sometimes do), we agreed they were indeed the Rockies, and started screaming and yelling. Very exciting!

After a long lunch with exhausted riders (the wind was crazy today), we picked up Liz, Paul, and Ton, and had a rousing sing-a-long to Hakunah Matata. It was epic.

Tomorrow is the day I have been waiting for since October 1 when I signed up for the Northern route. Glacier National Park. I am so excited I can hardly stand it.

serenading me with some tenacious d - tribute to the best song in the world
trav's first experience with sticking cinnamon gum to his forehead...somewhat painful
i made them get out for this picture even though you can't see the mountains in the back really
mustache lunche
this woman is from new hampshire and was so pumped about our trip. we took pics with her stuffed animal friends

1 comment: