Saturday, June 26, 2010

Do you wanna know how I found out that poop floats?

That is the question one of my riders asked me today as we were getting out of the lake. I love this job. I love how hard we laughed after she told me the story, and how we all lounged on the grass afterward and I said out loud, "I feel sorry for people who don't do Bike & Build". Because I do.

I can never go back to working in a cubicle.

Today was an amazing ride. After driving the van yesterday, I was ready to get moving with Nina again. It was a rough start because Nina has been sick. Her gears are not working, and I was afraid that every time I was going uphill she would fail me (don't tell her I said that). So unfortunately, some of the riders had to listen to me cussing a bit before Kyle saved the day and got her working again. Then once we hit major hills again, I lost her again. The good thing is that I took her to the bike shop yesterday, and she is well again.

The day started off with the delivery of the Sweep sashes to Mark and Sarah, which they are to add flare to over the trip's duration. We had quite a breeze/wind today, so flying downhill felt even better than the day before. Again, the weather was perfect. I forgot to mention that last night was hair night. Angela P may have just won herself the resident hairstylist for the trip. Liz and Stephanie shaved their heads. Liz sent her dad a photo of it, and he sent one back showing that he, too shaved his head. I got goose bumps. That's pretty f-ing cool.

The rest of the ride was filled with laughter, ice cream, and an amazing lake view. This is the life. But according to Mark, watch out for those free-wheeling wheel chairs on the road;)

On another note, I want to say how overwhelmed I am with love and respect for our riders. They are an awesome group, and every day I am impressed at how the group is coming together. They are each so unique, and bring something different to this posse. I am also so impressed with their interest in and dedication to the cause. It's a pretty amazing thing this Bike & Build. I feel soooooo incredibly lucky to be a part of something so meaningful and potentially life-changing. I am so excited to see how each of them will grow throughout the next 9 weeks as we make our way west.

Also - I love their dance moves.

face job

Stephanie getting buzzed and Liz getting prepped

charlie on the left

sweep it up sweep

man with a van

nolan doing a street dance

bikes by the lake

putting our "stuff" in the sun

ice cream treats

dm/flare

everyone at the bar doing the gramelly

the ha ha... mad love

No comments:

Post a Comment