Monday, June 28, 2010

this is the life

Today was another hard day. Obviously. I mean Vermont/the Northeast is going to be hilly. But today was ridiculous. We were unsure of what the T-storm situation would be when we went to bed last night. Luckily it died down a bit before we took off this AM. Then we hit another climb, and the rain came. And it came. And then it came really hard. And then it came harder if you can actually believe it. We climbed, and our bodies demanded to know why the F*&% we would be doing this to them again today after yesterday, but we continued without listening. And when we got to the top of that hill, we did a little ditty. And by ditty I mean rain dance. And the rain stopped after awhile, and the weather became INCREDIBLE. Sunny, warm, blue, cloud-filled skies. We took the ferry from VT to NY as a team (after a country dance party on the VT side), and I rode with the fast kids the rest of the way, which almost killed me. And tonight we are staying at the YMCA in Silver Bay on Lake George, and it is what we like to call DELUXE. It's basically a replica-ish of the place they stay at in Dirty Dancing (minus the dancer drama), only we didn't carry a watermelon. It's amazing, and I'm hoping to finally sleep a whole night through. I think it has lifted spirits after 2 pretty hard days. We have 3 more in a row this week, so it's a long one. In the past few weeks, my definition of luxury has changed...

Luxury is:

-Sleeping in beds.
-Buffet-style dinner that's not just pasta.
-Saying this while sitting in a rocking chair overlooking Lake George at this serious summer resort, "I'm so tired I'm going cross-eyed". The atmosphere makes it that much more acceptable.
-Eating so much dinner and cake/pie desserts that you literally have to go sleep in the shower because not only are you in a food coma, but you also have the sweats and seem drunk.
-Yelling out continuously at said dinner, "WHO MADE THIS CAKE!?"
-Shuffleboard (like the full size version, not the kind at the bar)
-Ice cream parlours
-Sleeping in beds
-Not having to be shuttled to showers, but having them in the same building you are already sleeping in.
-There is more, but I am seriously going cross eyed.

Also - one of our riders had ants in her pants this morning. Seriously. She is fine, and when I realized that, I laughed pretty heartily.

our rain glasses, which i hate after using them
arial group photo
rain dance at the top of the mountain
we made it!
coming down the hill
sunshine on my shoulders...
lunch massage line
krafts waiting for the ferry
ferry time
naptime
i'm on a boat...
Empire State Line
Silver Bay
me and ang....so happy for beds
nolan's pukey stance
food coma

No comments:

Post a Comment