Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Marshmallow fluff

For some reason, people I don't know feel compelled to tell me things I don't need or want to know. This is true in my every day life, and has apparently followed me this summer. Am I too nice? Do I listen too long?

I am working on my walking away skills, while mastering not being rude at the same time. This is not working for me. I spend a lot of time having weird, somewhat uncomfortable conversations. I am just learning to be patient.

In other news, today was Nolan's birthday. We sang to him publicly twice. At first we didn't believe it was his birthday because he tends to tell tall tales. So I looked it up in his med form, and it was indeed the celebration of his birth.

Today I had Jess and Beth in the van with me. They got into a wreck yesterday (they are ok). It was nice to have the company. We had a dance party stop after the lunch stop which turned into a lot of palancing. Today was probs the hardest day of riding for everyone. Everyone is soooo tired. I hope tomorrow is better!

We are staying in Indian Lake, which is one of the last wilderness counties in the US. Here's what I learned about wilderness counties. They have more bears than people. Their ambulance response time is about an hour (compared to most places where it's 10 minutes). That's about all I know.















No comments:

Post a Comment