Friday, June 18, 2010

Meet Momgela and Gramelly

Lots of funny things to report today...like how I wore my shorts backwards all day, and no one said anything to me until 7pm, at which point I fell on the floor laughing.

We then went on a team run since we ate so much desert, and Denis and I were almost arrested by Paul Blart the mall cop for racing up a vertical hill and jumping the fence (though I skittishly and with his help) to Chucky Cheese. Then Angela and I played boot camp and we did pushups and stuffs in the Wal-Mart parking lot.

After showers at the Y, Kyle and Denis revealed our nick names to us. Momgela and Gramelly. We have accepted them with grace, and are still laughing.

On a more serious note, we had dinner with two couples from the church in Portsmouth, who were so delightful and made the best desert ever. I cried when they blessed our meal and our trip before eating the meal they made for us. I may be questioning in my own faith, but I am sooooooo absolutely thankful for this experience and for being here with my amazing team, and the people who are opening their space to us and cooking us meals. Sometimes I get overwhelmed and can only express that happiness in tears.

Then to round it out, after reviewing our group picture from dinner, we realized it looks like i have an actual boner. Again, Momgela and I fell on the floor laughing. Lots of good stuff.

food shopping at BJs

Brend-o and Denis giving us the gossip

host dinner of deliciousness (notice my boner)

D made a funny and came out of showers with HIS pants on backwards

Gramelly and Momgela...


No comments:

Post a Comment