Sunday, July 4, 2010

Amerikuh and holy undies


This was possibly the best 4th of July ever. It started in Rochester, NY circled up with the National Anthem and some serious Independence Day flare. I drove the van, and kicked off the tunes with the John Mellencamp Pandora mix, which was key. Had a sweet Party in the USA dance party at lunch, Jess and I ghetto-decorated Elvis (the van) with streamers and a flag, and had the best mayo-salad-cook-out ever. Plenty of America sing-a-longs all day.

Now - for a quick story before I continue. And as a warning, this may be TMI for some of you. Read on at your own risk. I was sitting outside chatting with Kate, Sarah, and Liz. Well first, I must tell you that after so many hours and days on a bicycle, certain things begin to chafe in your nether regions. For this reason, it is extremely uncomfortable and unadvisable to wear underwear. So most of us don't. So that's just a primer. So anyway, I'm sitting in the parking lot talking to the ladies, and make some joke about wearing a skirt with no underwear. But I alert them that I am indeed wearing some today because I drove and thought it wouldn't bother me. I then open my leg just a bit to show them said underwear (because of course you share many of these moments when you're living with 31 other people day in and day out). And Liz starts hysterically laughing. It turns out that I have a HUGE hole in my obviously old-ass undies. She says its' so big you could have sex through it. It was funny, and we laughed for a long time. No more underwear for me. To chafey.

Back to the 4th. After dinner we walked the like 1.5 mile walk to the fireworks, led by Beth waving a huge American flag all the way. It was glorious. We got there when it was still light and played a huge round of CatchPhrase, had a severe dance party with all our favorite songs, and then finally watched the fireworks. It was by far the best 4th I've had in a long time.

our group last night in Rochester before go-karts
aforementioned go-karts
Oh Say Can You See...
Kate and her tricked out bike
Jess putting the final touches on Elvis
Community hose showers outside the church
Me Sarah and Kate on tour
Trav and Sam
Beth and Amerikuh
Twinsies
Dancing in the Dark
...and we danced anyway
ooh...aah

No comments:

Post a Comment