Thursday, July 22, 2010

nina peentz returns to the road

After a week-long hiatus, the dynamic duo, Nina Peentz and Gramelly, is back in action. I have been so antsy to get back on the bike since this kidney infection has been keeping me down. To say that I was anxious to get back on the bike is an understatement. I went back to the doctor yesterday, and they cleared me. Well they sort of cleared me by telling me I should take a few more days off to be sure, but I told him I was going to ride anyway.

It was super-rainy this morning, which changes the mood for most riders, but I was PUMPED! Nothing was going to stop my return to the road. The day started with a rain dance powered by our team DJ, Jamey and the Wave Your Flag song. The entire church piled outside all paparazzi-like and snapped mad photos of our madness.

The sweep challenge of the day was to write the best haiku and get the best present to the sweep team (Kyle Lee and Abby). After fastening a plastic shopping bag across my chest so as not to worsen my chest cold, Denis and I headed out. A near wipeout, lunch dance party, and great conversation later, we were 10 miles out from our destination of Pepin (which is the home to Laura Ingalls Wilder). We stopped at the Nelson Creamery to start our secret plan to catapult Denis to be the front runner of the RBF contest. This is where our haiku was created:

Stopped to take a poo
Among a lot of cheese curds
Throw coffee at you

We did not win, but thought ourselves creative enough. Later after dinner, and the discovery of working microphones, we staged a mock wedding in the church and Denis and I were united in matrimony for about an hour. Kira, Mark, and Beth presented sweep with DM pickles on a stick to seal a win in the competition. And Chris' (our step mom)'s twin sat next to Sarah and I at dinner.

I had such a great ride back in the saddle (literally). It was a winner of a day, and because of my plastic covering under my jersey (which made me sweat more profusely than usual), when I shook my body at the lunchtime dance party, it sounded like my boobs were maracas. Don't ever say I have no natural talents.

Also - I forgot to mention that yesterday they finally pranked Nolan and GOT HIM GOOD! It's refreshing for all of us as a team because he is always getting all of us all of the time. Photos are below.

tank in the rain
jillian and kelsey caught in action doing a video haiku (chamois-less)
mustache sandwich
elvis kept stalling, denis pretended to push
paul giving me away

too much
pranksters

discovery

No comments:

Post a Comment