Thursday, July 15, 2010

superman and sculpture parks

I have never sweat so much just standing still as I did this morning. Here's how it went down:

Woke up at 6:30 to grab a quick coffee with Dinkel. Came back, ran into Angela, AK, and Denis. Went to breakfast. Came back to nap. Too hot, but still bearable. Wake up is at 9am (we had a short day today). Get up, pack bag, about to close it up, and Paul comes in with the packet of powder Gatorade. The Gatorade is slightly open, and he doesn't know it, at which point it spills into everything I own. I laugh hysterically, and this is about the point I start sweating profusely. Now it's so humid in the gym that the powder is turning into sticky clumps of red on all my clothes, the gym floor, everywhere really. Paul is just standing over my bag flabbergasted. I tell him not to worry about it, I know he didn't do it on purpose, though how do I know he didn't do it on purpose? I am still laughing like a mad woman. I unpack my packed bag, shake everything out (rather pointless as everything is doomed to be sticky and red), and repack. Paul sweeps up the excess which is staining the gym floor and our feet red. I get my bag in the trailer, and realize that my whole body is covered in Gatorade crystals. That's how the day started. Then we went outside for route meeting, and I still couldn't stop sweating. Dripping. I could have filled buckets of sweat and sold them on eBay this morning. Not that I would ever want to do that, but just so you understand how much it was.

Dinkel gave me a pair of Superman underwear. I promised to write his name on my behind and wear them when I ride. So that is what I did today.

My feet are still kind of red. Earlier I told Dinkel I didn't mind sleeping in the hot gym, that it wasn't so bad. He said, "Yeah Kraft, but not everyone is a f(&*ing hippie". I laughed.

When you live in community so closely like we are on this trip, you share everything. Right now we are big on sharing sickness/colds, and share meds like it's going out of style.

We rode on a bike path today, which was nice. There was a sculpture garden. One was of a piece of poop. Seriously, that's what it looked like. We took pictures. Then we took pictures on this horse, and I had to set the timer and stealthly climb up within 10 seconds. It was a success. It took Angela 5.5 minutes to get down after the picture. I am not joking. It was the most insane dismount of life (if you can even call it a dismount). I wanted her to jump and catch her dirty dancing style, and she wanted to catapult off by stepping into my cupped hands. Neither was a good idea.

I forgot until I got to the church tonight that I am in a war with Andrew. I was reminded of this because Nolan was trying to figure out who was playing pranks on him. I said I wouldn't do that since I already have a war to fight that I keep forgetting about. He said he will help me. I hope he does, then I will get Andrew. Andrew - I hope you don't read this.

Mark's parents gave us lunch at the lake today. There have been a lot of lakes in our lives. It is not awful. We ate Portellos which are Italian beef sandwiches. It was just what the doctor ordered. Kristen was swinging on the swings. I joined her and it was awesome. Leisl took a hilarious video of my brother giving me an underdog. He says it's easier to give underdogs to our 3-year-old niece. I'm not sure I believe him.

I am too tired to continue.

delicious french toast. creepy mustache.
denis, ang, dink, ak, me
trav's latest: tiger stripes (kudos to kira's skills)
the gatorade incident
this is when i was complaining about being hot. andrew started fanning me with my thermarest. steph stepped in. and travis massaged us while flying on his broom.
the funny thing about this is that he's hollering "dinkel" while doing this
all day long
poop sculpture
before i learned ang's weakness
upon successful arrival at the lake
grays lake, il
check out our tan lines!

2 comments: