Saturday, July 10, 2010

Triple Action Relief


One thing they don't tell you before Bike & Build is how much you fall in love with Gold Bond medicated powder. It's not just for boys anymore (I always thought it was). After long days on the bike, in chamois, there is nothing like a lot of Gold Bond powder to brighten up your day. Plus it has an unexpected tingle. Try it if you haven't. I cherish my Gold Bond time every night. And I always end up with it all over my clothes. I'm a little clumsy like that.

Another phenomenon I was thinking about today on the ride was people who smoke cigs on motorcycles. I mean, why would you do that? It seems pointless and unenjoyable. Isn't the wind blowing so hard that it blows the cherry out, or blows ashes in your eyes? Doesn't it make the cigarette last so little time that you have to smoke 10x what you usually do? It just doesn't make sense to me. I saw a man lighting up on the moto today, but didn't have the time to ask. Can anyone explain this to me?

We eat like pigs on this trip. Constantly, and overly. Too much and too often. And I am going to enjoy every moment of it, and hope I don't blow up like a pig when I get home in Sept.

Last piece of info on the day, we (and by we I mean I) shaved a mohawk-ish into my brother's head. It started as a faux-hawk, but we quickly realized I don't much know what I'm doing with clippers. So it ended as a sort of mohawk with nothing in the back. And it's all uneven. But I told him, no better time than now to look like a dum-dum. We love the new look.

Steven and Kyle struggling after a 36oz root beer float
Kira's egg and chip sandwich
before
after

No comments:

Post a Comment