Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Dairy Queen is becoming a daily occurance

Today was hilly and windy and kind of hard on the way to Grand Rapids.

Lunch was at a golf course. People hit balls.

We went 8 extra miles because the cue sheet was off. I told Sarah it was her fault for not asking enough questions. That confused her enough to not complain anymore. (Sarah – if you’re reading this, I love you. I have nothing but love for you. I just had to add something to this otherwise boring post so far).

I rode with Kyle Lee to lunch. We had great conversations. I think I even convinced him that he converted me back to Catholocism on the ride. (Note: he knows this isn’t true. Mom and Dad: I’m sorry, this is not true.) BUT – we did have some great conversation, and he gave me some new things to think about and consider.

I rode with Jillian after lunch. We also had great conversations. We stretched a lot, and considered naps in tall grass. She asked me at one point if I thought the cue sheet was off since all the road signs to Grand Rapids were 8-10 miles further than what the cue sheet said. I half-giggled and sort of brushed off the idea. Some leader I am. Imagine our surprise when 2 miles outside of the destination, Kate/Beth/Liz/Sarah alerted us otherwise. Nothing a little Dairy Queen Blizzard can’t fix.

Leaving Duluth - lake background
business on the golf course - Paul and Jamey
this frightened liz and i - don't worry no cats in box
steph after she flipped out of her chair laughing
sarah was so tired she couldn't even put her pants on
home of Judy Garland - off to see the wizard


1 comment: